THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:14 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:27 am
Posts: 176
Location: Montana
I am not very tech savy so a bit of help here please. I use an iPad and when I click on any external link on this forum it does not open in a separate page. Is there a setting I can change or is this just the way it is? Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:38 pm 
Offline
Generally Butt Naked
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:55 am
Posts: 840
I don't know if it's just iOS devices, I use an iPhone and it does the same thing, but it might just be the forum software. I'll mess around with the settings and see if I can change it.

_________________
www.CatamountFury.com
www.ak12.org

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:27 am
Posts: 176
Location: Montana
Thanks Hammer. Let me know if you figure it out. I looked through the forum setting but couldn't find anything. But again, I can barely turn this thing on.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:58 pm 
Offline
Generally Butt Naked
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:55 am
Posts: 840
I looked around in the admin control panel and can't find a way to do it but ill ask the other admins when I get a chance, in the meantime on your iPad click and hold the link and it should give you the option to open the link in a new window.

_________________
www.CatamountFury.com
www.ak12.org

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:28 am 
Offline
Big Sal
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:19 am
Posts: 2457
Location: The Idaho Panhandle
Let me find an iOS device and tool around with it tonight and get back to you guys on this one. Ill try to set it up so this problem doesnt happen.


best,
Sal :ugeek:

_________________
Vepr Dot Org


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:40 am 
Offline
Voice of Reason
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:17 pm
Posts: 795
Problem? That would be how webpages are supposed to work. I don't think a browser has opened all links in a new window since netscape 4. If I wanted it to open in a new window or tab, I would tell it to, by clicking "open in new window"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:27 am
Posts: 176
Location: Montana
BigSal wrote:
Let me find an iOS device and tool around with it tonight and get back to you guys on this one. Ill try to set it up so this problem doesnt happen.


best,
Sal :ugeek:


Thanks Sal


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:27 am
Posts: 176
Location: Montana
ReverendFranz wrote:
Problem? That would be how webpages are supposed to work. I don't think a browser has opened all links in a new window since netscape 4. If I wanted it to open in a new window or tab, I would tell it to, by clicking "open in new window"


I dunno. Almost every other forum I am a member of will open a link in a new window or tab simply by clicking on it. This site does not do that and then I have to page back to the thread I was in or open a new tab and then re-login and find the thread. Kinda a pita. Just trying to figure out how to avoid this.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:36 am 
Offline
Big Sal
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:19 am
Posts: 2457
Location: The Idaho Panhandle
sunnybean wrote:
ReverendFranz wrote:
Problem? That would be how webpages are supposed to work. I don't think a browser has opened all links in a new window since netscape 4. If I wanted it to open in a new window or tab, I would tell it to, by clicking "open in new window"


I dunno. Almost every other forum I am a member of will open a link in a new window or tab simply by clicking on it. This site does not do that and then I have to page back to the thread I was in or open a new tab and then re-login and find the thread. Kinda a pita. Just trying to figure out how to avoid this.



OK, I had this happen on my co-workers ipad as well, so its not an isolated incident on the safari browser. SOOOO, what I am going to do is go to the phpbb support forums and ask the guys who wrote this software for a fix. test the site tomorrow sunnybean.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

_________________
Vepr Dot Org


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:27 am
Posts: 176
Location: Montana
BigSal wrote:
sunnybean wrote:
ReverendFranz wrote:
Problem? That would be how webpages are supposed to work. I don't think a browser has opened all links in a new window since netscape 4. If I wanted it to open in a new window or tab, I would tell it to, by clicking "open in new window"


I dunno. Almost every other forum I am a member of will open a link in a new window or tab simply by clicking on it. This site does not do that and then I have to page back to the thread I was in or open a new tab and then re-login and find the thread. Kinda a pita. Just trying to figure out how to avoid this.



OK, I had this happen on my co-workers ipad as well, so its not an isolated incident on the safari browser. SOOOO, what I am going to do is go to the phpbb support forums and ask the guys who wrote this software for a fix. test the site tomorrow sunnybean.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.


Wow, thanks! I wasn't expecting that. I figured it was just some button I needed check/uncheck. Thanks for looking into it.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group