THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:14 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:21 pm 

I am not very tech savy so a bit of help here please. I use an iPad and when I click on any external link on this forum it does not open in a separate page. Is there a setting I can change or is this just the way it is? Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:38 pm 
Generally Butt Naked

I don't know if it's just iOS devices, I use an iPhone and it does the same thing, but it might just be the forum software. I'll mess around with the settings and see if I can change it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:45 pm 

Thanks Hammer. Let me know if you figure it out. I looked through the forum setting but couldn't find anything. But again, I can barely turn this thing on.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:58 pm 
Generally Butt Naked

I looked around in the admin control panel and can't find a way to do it but ill ask the other admins when I get a chance, in the meantime on your iPad click and hold the link and it should give you the option to open the link in a new window.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:28 am 
Big Sal

Let me find an iOS device and tool around with it tonight and get back to you guys on this one. Ill try to set it up so this problem doesnt happen.

best,
Sal :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:40 am 
Voice of Reason

Problem? That would be how webpages are supposed to work. I don't think a browser has opened all links in a new window since netscape 4. If I wanted it to open in a new window or tab, I would tell it to, by clicking "open in new window"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:55 am 

BigSal wrote:
Let me find an iOS device and tool around with it tonight and get back to you guys on this one. Ill try to set it up so this problem doesnt happen.

best,
Sal :ugeek:

Thanks Sal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:58 am 

ReverendFranz wrote:
Problem? That would be how webpages are supposed to work. I don't think a browser has opened all links in a new window since netscape 4. If I wanted it to open in a new window or tab, I would tell it to, by clicking "open in new window"

I dunno. Almost every other forum I am a member of will open a link in a new window or tab simply by clicking on it. This site does not do that and then I have to page back to the thread I was in or open a new tab and then re-login and find the thread. Kinda a pita. Just trying to figure out how to avoid this.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:36 am 
Big Sal

sunnybean wrote:
ReverendFranz wrote:

I dunno. Almost every other forum I am a member of will open a link in a new window or tab simply by clicking on it. This site does not do that and then I have to page back to the thread I was in or open a new tab and then re-login and find the thread. Kinda a pita. Just trying to figure out how to avoid this.

OK, I had this happen on my co-workers ipad as well, so its not an isolated incident on the safari browser. SOOOO, what I am going to do is go to the phpbb support forums and ask the guys who wrote this software for a fix. test the site tomorrow sunnybean.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:44 am 

BigSal wrote:
sunnybean wrote:
ReverendFranz wrote:

OK, I had this happen on my co-workers ipad as well, so its not an isolated incident on the safari browser. SOOOO, what I am going to do is go to the phpbb support forums and ask the guys who wrote this software for a fix. test the site tomorrow sunnybean.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Wow, thanks! I wasn't expecting that. I figured it was just some button I needed check/uncheck. Thanks for looking into it.