THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:16 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:16 pm 

I’ve been contemplating cutting my vepr 12 for a while and with the E-File taking 2 weeks for approvals it would be stupid to not submit a form 4 while I have the chance. The only thing holding my back is the $500+ price tag for the work. Are the factory SBS’s more reliable than a cut barrel with gas work? The reason i ask is because with E-File it’d take less time for a stamp to come back than if would to have the work completed, and it would be the same price overall.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:21 pm 

It depends on who does the work and what you expect it to run. . Evlutionz llc on this forum can make a 6.5" Saiga run everything.Every inch you subtract it gets harder to make them reliable. V12s are not intended to run cheap bird shot.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:39 am 
Business Member

Expect to fire very strong loads (4 dram to max dram) only with a 12" factory SBS or 3.75 dram loads (about $13 per 25 rounds) with a well done 12" SBS conversion. Also, expect the factory SBS to foul the gas system very quickly. They have huge ports and it allows a lot of debris into the gas block. Ammo strength and cost are only relevant if you plan to enjoy the weapon much. If you will rarely fire it then factory SBS is fine. My sessions are at least a few hundred rounds, so having something that will run cheap loads is a must if I want to have fun and not have to spend a lot of money to feed the weapon. The Saiga-12 design is much better suited to SBS (and running cheap loads when worked over well) than the Vepr-12. No magwell or LRBHO on the S-12 design, but you can't have it all... yet ;)

Custom Saiga-12, Vepr-12, KS-12, and Lynx builds
(SBS and reliability are my specialties)
Cerakote and Moly Resin refinishing
AK100 installs
...and more

DIRECT ALL INQUIRIES TO...
evlutionz@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:03 pm 

I will give my personal experience . I purchased a factory vepr short barreled 12 gauge shot gun . Changed out stock trigger and hammer for a kit from alg . Added modified choke from sgm . Added a four piece muzzle brake from cnc warrior . The gun eats any ammo I feed it , from slugs down to 8 shot trap loads . Have 500 rounds through it with out a cleaning , no malfunctions . This gun is a beast . I only have factory magazines , no after market . 5 round , 8 round , or 10 round , all work without fail .

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:34 am 
Business Member

How does it run with nothing on the barrel (just a barrel nut, no extension of the bore or use of a 4 piece booster), as in dram equivalent? What is the weakest load that it will run at least 90% reliably?

AK100 installs
...and more

evlutionz@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:01 am 

Have not fired it without the choke or the brake , will have to try on next trip to the range , will post results .

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:13 am 
Business Member

Freewheeler wrote:
Have not fired it without the choke or the brake , will have to try on next trip to the range , will post results .

Any word on this?

AK100 installs
...and more

evlutionz@yahoo.com