THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Bad ejector?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:19 pm 

My VEPR has not been ejecting properly.
Today I noticed the edge of the ejector is rounded over. I did some light filing and tried to square it up.
The bigger issue I see is the ejector only goes about 1/64” into the bolt face. There’s enough room there for the ejector to be 1/8” taller, extending into the channel in the bolt. [*][img][img][/img][/img]
If I put an empty shell into the chamber, close the bolt and rack very slowly, the ejector never causes the shell to release from the bolt face.

Is this normal or the result of trash quality control?

If this is something that I need to fix, how can I do this?
Can I punch the pins out of the receiver to pull out the block that contains the ejector? Can I buy a new ejector?

Post subject: Re: Bad ejector?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:10 am 

Can anyone help with this? I’m going to go test fire tomorrow in the 20 degree snow....
Fingers crossed!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:03 am 

I have the same issue and the result is an empty shell fails to eject properly but it picks up the next shell in the mag. I managed to get it on slomo video and the empty doesnt even alter course after the carrier hits the rear trunion, it just closes on the shell. I have alot of slop in the carrier and bolt head and it lifts as it passes over the hammer which i assume is giving it enough play to miss the ejector.

My gun has done this once or twice every hundred rounds since i owned it but its starting to get old real quick and its getting more frequent. None of my friends veprs do this so im starting to wonder if i got a dudd.

Anyway, if im going to fix it i thought about either welding and reprofiling the ejector while its still in the gun (last resort!!)
Or increasing the length of the front rivet somehow to keep the carrier down (this is what i want to do but not quite sure how to approach it)
Or i was thinking about knocking some more material off the alg hammer so the carrier doesnt have as much upwards pressure when riding back over it.

Any of this sound plausible to you guys?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:27 am 

Can you send a photo of the shutter head? maybe you have it old-fashioned. now we do others

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:04 pm 

Czechmate9 wrote:
My VEPR has not been ejecting properly.
Today I noticed the edge of the ejector is rounded over. I did some light filing and tried to square it up.
The bigger issue I see is the ejector only goes about 1/64” into the bolt face. There’s enough room there for the ejector to be 1/8” taller, extending into the channel in the bolt. [*][img][img][/img][/img]
If I put an empty shell into the chamber, close the bolt and rack very slowly, the ejector never causes the shell to release from the bolt face.

Is this normal or the result of trash quality control?

If this is something that I need to fix, how can I do this?
Can I punch the pins out of the receiver to pull out the block that contains the ejector? Can I buy a new ejector?

Did you buy the V12 new from a distributor?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:54 pm 

Yes, I bought it new.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:05 am 

Update: after squaring the face of the ejector with a small file, the gun ran perfect for the first 100 rounds (25 reloads, 1 1/8oz @ 1250 FPS and 3 dram Walmart bulk pack federal). This was using 12 round SGM mags.
It did not run with the same ammo using 25 round drum mag. I’ve been wanting to use this thing at a local falling steel match but it looks like I may have to stuff it with some of my 1 1/4 oz 4 dram reloads.

I thought less of the ejector surface was being utilized. I posted previously from work and didn’t have the gun in front of me. Hopefully it’ll be ok moving forward and not become rounded again.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:05 pm 

Czechmate9 wrote:
Yes, I bought it new.

If I bought a gun new from a distributor and it didn't run properly I would send it back for replacement.. Its great that you were able to get it running properly and share this fix with the gun community. Regards!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:07 am 

An odd problem. Must have been damaged somehow. Do you think you may have caused it?

Thanks for sharing the solution. Happy shooting!

Praise the LORD, an' pass the amma-nition!