THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:07 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:40 am 

Its the aluminum railed gas tube . i got it from 4Range. Legion had some a while back too. I had to file mine a bit to get it to fit. A more tapered rake on the beveled rear was needed to get it to go in .I decided to do this set up for more field of view around me , and it costs less than other ways, + its not permanent (can always go back to stock).
i thought the rear sight mount was the best setup. Thats some sort of weld process right? like Dissident does on their custom v12s?.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:51 pm 

Czechmate9 wrote:
It looks like your optic is mounted to a rail on your gas tube. How did you do this? I have the rail that goes into the rear sight post from CSS. I don’t like it because it sits up very high.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z70kqTUmd7o

shotguns, some gunsmithing, reloading, fabrication, knife making, etc.

I'm a firearms/NFA attorney in Wa. Let's combine business, pleasure, and stamps.

http://www.youtube.com/user/armaggedonite

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:34 pm 

yep, thats the one. Alpha Arms version of Ultimak rail.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:10 am 

Thanks for the info!!!
I bought the handgaurd from your link.
I now have the gun in 100 pieces and I’m ~half way done.
I thought of a way to better capture the T nut in the magwell.
I’m planning on using bedding compound that I have left over from bedding a rifle action to make sure I have a tight fit between the T-nut and the aluminum block that it retains.
Bedding compound is basically just a special epoxy. You use a waxy substance on 1 surface to prevent it from bonding.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:27 am 

Cool. I'm " inspirational " now. Ha!
I hope you get it to work out. I spent a lot of time on it. 8 hours I guess. Half a day and some evenings. Using glass bedding up in your Magwell sounds sketchy. I hope you can get it back apart if needed. Good luck with the project!! I still need to order a surplus factory front handguard retainer to be able to return to the stock configuration if I want. ( original has to be shaved down) I Probably wont go back though. ;) . Post your pics please.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:13 am 

Slick work and nice pics! 8-)

Well done sir!

Praise the LORD, an' pass the amma-nition!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:21 pm 

I’m planning on bedding the t nut into the little block I need to make while it’s outside the gun. That way everything is tight and I don’t glue the gun together.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:37 pm 

Hmm? I cant say I agree with you on that as a better way.. My re assembly of mag well to t nut is slide retaining bar/ block into slot them drop t nut into slot. How would one assemble otherwise?
I see that as impossible due to t nut stud is keyed into mag well also. Just make sure your bar slot hole is the right size.
Use drill press, or hand drill with piece in vise and drill a little undersized then sculpt to fit with file to fit that T nut just right. Mine looks ugly but there's virtually no slop . The front handguard retainer does 90 % of the hold down anyway. Good luck. My suggestion is to follow Dissitent arms design . There's a youtube assembly video of their handguards. I will look it up and post it here a little later on.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:47 pm 

This vid seemed helpful.https://youtu.be/woAfemzPx6U