THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:39 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:43 am 
Business Member

Ok not entirely but this video shows how M77 magazines are and and basically the only difference in the front catch is different.

Videos all date to 2015 and several of the processes have been updated, but the process is basically the same. If you have any questions I'm happy to answer them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onmS3DVDpnQ

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 4:43 am 

Tossed you a thumbs up.

I'm curious to the comments in the video about the welder. I don't get it, a lot of autobody repairs would still use spot welders, and they seem to be the correct tool for that job, yet it seemed to be conveyed as something unusual/special.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 5:06 am 
Business Member

The smaller porta welders? There is nothing wrong with them, they are just a portable unit which have disadvantages compared to a fixed pedestal units. We are still using a spot welder, they are just bigger machines.

You can only do about 100 welds in about 10 minutes and then the unit needs to cool off, the big floor spot welders are water cooled and can run 24 hours a day..

Also the portable welders fall out of alignment every 200-400 welds and need to be adjusted, the larger units are vastly more rigid and use all water cooled connections and can go up to 40,000 welds between adjustments.

Basically the bigger machines are better in every way with the one exception that they are very expensive.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:37 am 

Nice video! You all make awesome magazines !

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 7:46 pm 

Csspecs, thanks for the reply. That makes sense now that you explain it. Heat and larger watercooled units was something completely off my thinking.

Used to run an old pedestal mounted spot welder at a plant I worked at, which wasn't water cooled, and now that I think about it, that thing did get toasty. It was already 20 years or so older than me, and that was about 20 years ago since I worked there, lol. All of the welding I have done since then has been Mig or Tig. Autobody stuff, nothing production/speed related.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 2:58 pm 

Very cool video, even as a craftsman myself, I'm always amazed by the number of steps involved in the production of items like these mags. And this reminds me I need to get some more. Thanks for making such a great product!

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 5:10 pm 

juxtposed2 wrote:
Very cool video, even as a craftsman myself, I'm always amazed by the number of steps involved in the production of items like these mags. And this reminds me I need to get some more. Thanks for making such a great product!

The people that complain about the prices of quality aftermarket magazines have no idea the engineering and processes to manufacture them. You gotta pay to play ...or go by an AR. Ha ha ha. Csspecs is a quality manufacturer with excellent prices.