THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:48 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:08 am 

Theoretically any 7.62x39 AKM pattern magazine should work. You always run the risk of your rifle not liking a certain style or random mag here and there, but that is true of all AKs.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:14 pm 

Thanks kar120c ! Yes, "theoretically" they should but practically may not, that's why I wanted you guys to share tried and proven vepr mag options that you are running and which didn't require any mods.
I checked with Supplying Patriots on Bulgarian mags fittment and got similar response that they "should" but might need some filing..
Again, appreciate any info and suggestions! ;)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:57 pm 

Sorry, there is no way to know, its individual to the rifle. I could buy one that loves Bulgarian magazines and you could get one that does not. Such is life with AKs. That being said I own 14 AKs and wide variety of magazines and the only ones I ever had trouble with really were some tapco mags (and they work for the most part). Once in awhile one of the rifles doesnt like a specific magazine but none of my AKs just wont take a certain variety.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:02 am 

I own probably 20.different kinds of AK mags.The Croatian BHO are a little tight in my Yugos.The only mags I would stay away from are the Korean new production mags. You can never really go wrong with the Com Bloc mags. Magpul has produced really nice polymer mags that work very well and seem to be durable.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:12 am 

eatsleepshred wrote:
Hi guys, I'm new here. Since there are new FM-AK47-11s now that come with bullet guide and square back receivers from the factory, are there now more magazine options that would fit WITHOUT ANY filing or modifications??
How about these?

1. Bulgarian Slab Side Polymer mag http://supplyingpatriots.com/bulgarian- ... -magazine/
2. Bulgarian Steel mag http://supplyingpatriots.com/bulgarian- ... -magazine/
3. Tapco http://jesticearms.com/10-30-Magazines/ ... 7-Magazine
4. Magpul PMAG http://jesticearms.com/10-30-Magazines/ ... ront-Rivet

Please let me know if these 10/30 mags fit or suggest other options that do. SGM mags do not come blocked for 10 rounds and they are out of stock.

Also what is the best online store to buy 10/30 mags from? Any input appreciated!

Welcome to the forum!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:44 pm 

Thanks guys! I just got a reply from SP that Bulgarian mags would require some filing per on of their customers who bought it for VEPR-FMAK47-11.
Btw i though this forum was specifically about VEPRs and specifically about 7.62x39, is that true? Cheers!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:56 pm 

Hi all, just wanted to give a quick update. I ended up getting Russian bakelite, Bulgarian steel, and Croatian BHO steel mags. All of them fit nicely and without modification. Though I've been advised I need to file down below the magazine latch on Bulgarian ones to get that "positive click" I'm not getting. The only problem I had was with Croatian mags - they kept on constantly causing jams so I exchanged them for Bulgies.
Hope this helps!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:19 am 

Ive seen posts about the Wisner magazines for 22 LR but want to know if there is another option outside of actual Anschutz magazines for the 17 HMR and / or 22 WMR. Are other options out there, or are the Anschutz / Cooper magazines the only ones available?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:06 pm 

eatsleepshred wrote:
Hi all, just wanted to give a quick update. I ended up getting Russian bakelite, Bulgarian steel, and Croatian BHO steel mags. All of them fit nicely and without modification. Though I've been advised I need to file down below the magazine latch on Bulgarian ones to get that "positive click" I'm not getting. The only problem I had was with Croatian mags - they kept on constantly causing jams so I exchanged them for Bulgies.
Hope this helps!

Sorry to hear about the Croatians. I have dozens of them and they work in all my AKS. It's important to have mags that only function flawlessly.