THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:41 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:32 am 

Cavemansteve wrote:
Doc Nonverbal wrote:
I could be completely off base on this, but I'm reading the Treasury ban to be on all items the named companies produce. I'm assuming this will mean parts, magazines, etc.

Someone please correct me if I've misinterpreted the restrictions.

You are correct. Anything these companies have a financial interest in.

Thank you for the confirmation. I apparently missed the boat on the Vepr magazines.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:01 am 

D.Rossi wrote:
What's more is that any parts to "Repair or maintain" the firearms are also blacklisted :(

It isn't like Molot was sending a bunch of spare parts over here though ...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:12 pm 

AdioSS wrote:
D.Rossi wrote:
What's more is that any parts to "Repair or maintain" the firearms are also blacklisted :(

It isn't like Molot was sending a bunch of spare parts over here though ...

Obviously. I'm stating that now there is ZERO chance of getting parts

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:22 am 

I'm sure parts stocks will still make it over in whatever ways the mags and stashes of legit 74m parts (gas, sight blocks etc) were making it over from Europe ... not like anyone in customs can prove an extractor or any other mon-marked part is molot or izhmash vs arsenal or whatever

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:38 pm 

I am just hoping that there is quality domestic 5-10 round magazine made in 54R.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:00 pm 

-and when it comes to the political nature of this site... at this point you can not overlook who is the person/group that is the cause of this. Any person that is a fan of firearms, and a supporter of the party that shall remain nameless... should look for a new party, or a new hobby. The two are mutual exclusive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QiOjrn ... P-Tu6YliUQ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:05 am 
Voice of Reason

Quote:
and when it comes to the political nature of this site... at this point you can not overlook what the system that is the cause of this is. Any person that is a fan of firearms, and a supporter of the government... should look for a new system to support or a new hobby. The two are mutual exclusive.

FTFY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:31 am 

arslin wrote:
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/07/18/russian-guns-can-still-legally-imported/

update... and looks like it is true.

"I do not expect these sanctions to be lifted anytime soon. There will be no political pressure from the NRA or NSSF. Decades after the Chinese import-ban, Norinco products are still not allowed into the USA."

On that site it appears he is linking to the old 90s/early 2000s import ban list... has anyone actually seen anything legit with Vepr mentioned by name from this go? I am pretty much expecting the worst and for them to be on it with their relationship with KC, but you never know...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:20 pm 

GrendelSpec wrote:
arslin wrote:
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/07/18/russian-guns-can-still-legally-imported/

update... and looks like it is true.

"I do not expect these sanctions to be lifted anytime soon. There will be no political pressure from the NRA or NSSF. Decades after the Chinese import-ban, Norinco products are still not allowed into the USA."

On that site it appears he is linking to the old 90s/early 2000s import ban list... has anyone actually seen anything legit with Vepr mentioned by name from this go? I am pretty much expecting the worst and for them to be on it with their relationship with KC, but you never know...

The relationship is all it really takes. " any property in which Kalashnikov Concern has an interest is blocked" From my understanding, by the wording, it is a poison pill. The dangerous part is... This could also impact Tula ammunition, since there is also an association. Anything that KC is invested in, is subject to the ban. All it takes is one kopek of investment, or partnership. Nothing has definitely come out yet.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:37 pm 

Update: http://www.thebangswitch.com/all-russian-firearms-imports-on-hold/

"I’ve confirmed with multiple sources that all Russian imports related to firearms are on hold. All form 6′s (import licenses) are suspended until further clarification can be obtained by ATF as to what is and isn’t affected by sanctions.

This includes parts kits, military surplus firearms, Molot VEPR’s and of course Saiga firearms.

At this time there is no estimate on how long obtaining clarification may take.

This ambiguity may ultimately mean certain items may be allowed back in, or it could mean the Obama Administration will tack on a few more things, we will have to wait and see. I was not able to get information on the status of Russian ammo imports."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next